THE WORLD NEEDS YOUR STORY.
As a freelance editor, I am a firm believer that every person has a voice that deserves to be heard.
Do you want to strengthen your novel’s themes, character arcs, and pacing? Do you need a final proofread? Do you need a query critique before you send it to your dream agent? Or maybe you aren’t sure where to start but want to progress your writing career?
I am here to help!
I am an experienced freelance editor, bestselling author, and I intern for a successful publishing company! I love discussing projects with my clients and have experience in a variety of genres. Ready to take the next step in your author journey?
A developmental edit is an in-depth analysis of your novel as a whole. This is the most intense edit. It is perfect for new authors or authors looking to take their writing skills to a new level.
Before I edit your novel, we will discuss your vision for your novel, and I am available for an optional email (or call!) after I return your edits for 30-60 minutes if you have any questions or want to brainstorm details about my critiques.
For this edit, you will receive…
- A Big-Picture Developmental Edit. I will read your manuscript with an eye for big-picture areas, such as; plot, characterization, setting, themes, marketability, pacing, and more. I will point out areas that need to be strengthened (or cut) and scenes that make the story stronger.
- A 5+ page breakdown of my assessments that discusses the plot, setting, themes, and more. If your main character lacked a strong arc, I’ll point it out. If your plot sags in some parts, I’ll offer suggestions to fix it. If your worldbuilding is confusing, I’m here to help!
A line edit assists in sentence structure, info dumping, word choice, reading flow, word/phrase overuse, and also points out any inconsistencies in characterization or plot. I offer ways to strengthen the novel’s prose and help author’s spot pesky pet words!
Rates start at $.007 per word
A copy edit assists in grammar and punctuation. This is a very popular edit and the final edit to smooth a manuscript before the proofread.
Rates start at $.006 per word.
The final step before publication, I will proofread your manuscript and check for errors in spamming, punctuation, typos, formatting issues, while refraining from copyediting or structural edits.
Rates start at $.004 per word
BOOK LAUNCH PACKAGE
A final polish of your book and marketing materials, this package is ideal for the writer who is set to self publish and wants an extra set of hands on board!
For this package, you will receive…
- A proofread of your manuscript.
- A book blurb critique + author bio critique. I help you nail your blurb and polish your author bio!
Rates start at $.008 per word
BOOK PROPOSAL PACKAGE
You are all set to pitch to you dream agent or press… but you still need help to strengthen your proposal till it shines.
For this package, the basics are listed below, but this is a flexible package and can be adjusted to fit your unique needs!
- A complete line edit for your book proposal, query, and synopsis. I will check your sentence structure, help you trim your word count, and check for overall clarity.
- First three chapter critique. I will ensure your first three chapters hook your reader, fit the genre, and are clear in sentence structure. This critique is comparable to a developmental edit and line edit but for the introduction only.
- An author bio critique. I’ll ensure you include the important stuff and cut down on unnecessary words.
FLAT RATE of $100.00
If you struggle with book blurbs, I’ve got you covered!
For this critique, you will receive…
- A basic critique of your blurb, including suggestions on how to make it stronger, or words that can be removed.
- I will send you three books in that genre, and show their blurb styles, so you have reference points when you edit your blurb.
- A rough blurb draft created solely from my personal suggestions so you get a clean, new starting place!
FLAT RATE of $20.00
FIRST FIFTEEN PAGES CRITIQUE
The first pages of your book are crucial. They must hook your reader (or agent!) without info-dumping or poor pacing.
For this edit, you will receive…
- A breakdown of the strong and weak points in your introduction.
- An assessment if the intro fits the genre and is immediately gripping.
- A line edit.
Do you need your novel formatted for print? I’ve got you covered. I have experience formatting fiction and nonfiction manuscripts and offer quality, affordable formatting services!
Prices start at $50.00 USD, contact me for a quote!
Are you unsure which publishing route to take? Are you stuck in the worldbuilding stage of your fantasy novel?
I would love to help you! Contact me to schedule a consultation via email, messages, or call! I look forward to helping!
Rates start at $30.00 per hour. Contact me to explain your problem and we can schedule a consultation.
NEED A COMBINATION EDIT? A PAYMENT PLAN?
I love to help authors and can offer payment plans, combination edits, and so forth, to fit your needs and help you in your journey. Please feel free to contact me with any questions!
LET'S GET STARTED!
WHAT GENRES DO I ACCEPT?
- Science fiction (dystopian, post apocalyptic, space opera, military sci-fi, and more) (young adult or adult)
- Fantasy (including dark fantasy, kingdom fantasy, and more) (young adult or adult)
- Historical fiction
- Middle grade
I have experience in many genres not on this list, as well, and am open to discuss any project with you (except erotica). I also have experience editing nonfiction. I also edit stories below novel-length word count, such as novellas, short stories, and more!
If you would like a quote for your project, or a free 2,000 word sample edit, contact me below. Please be sure to provide the following information when requesting a quote: your project’s name, word count, genre, blurb, and if you have a preferred deadline for the returned edits. Thank you!
- Submit your project via Word Doc or Google Doc.
- Spacing should be 1.5. Your name and the project title should be on the front title page.
- Please be sure to proofread your project before sending.